Home>Health and Insurance
Your easy guide to avail cashless hospitalization.
Worried about your loved one's health and paying for it?
Jehangir Hospital accepts medical policies from 30 different insurance companies and 25+ different Third Party Administrators (TPA's) across India. With EMI facilities and also insurance available, we make it easy for our patients in their hours of need.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
Apollo MUNICH Health Insurance Company
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
Bharti Axa General Insurance Company
Cholamandalam General Insurance Company
Cigna TTK Health Insurance Company
Future Generali General Insurance Company
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
Kotak General Insurance Company
Liberty Videocon General Insurance Company
Magma HDI General Insurance Company
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company
Life Insurance Corporation of India
Max BUPA Health Insurance Company
National Insurance Company Ltd
New India Assurance Company Ltd
Oriental Insurance company Ltd
Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
Reliance General Insurance Company
Religare Health Insurance Company
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
SBI General Insurance Company
Star Health Insurance
TATA-AIG General Insurance Company
United India Insurance Company Ltd
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
Birla Sunlife Insurance Company
Alankit Insurance TPA Limited
Anmol Medicare Insurance TPA Limited
Anyuta Insuance TPA In Health Care Private Limited
Dedicated Healthcare Services TPA (India) Private Limited
East West Assist Insurance TPA Private Limited
E-Meditek Insurance TPA Limited
Ericson Insurance TPA Private Limited
Family Health Plan Insurance TPA Limited
Focus Health Insurance (TPA) Private Limited
Genins India Insurance TPA Limited
Good Health Insurance TPA Limited
Health India Insurance TPA Services Private Limited
Health Insurance TPA of India Limited
Heritage Health Insurance TPA Private Limited
MDIndia Health Insurance TPA Private Limited
Medi Assist Insurance TPA Private Limited
Medicare Insurance TPA Services (India) Private Limited
Medsave Health Insurance TPA Limited
Paramount Health Services & Insurance TPA Private Limited
Park Mediclaim Insurance TPA Private Limited
Raksha Health Insurance TPA Private Limited
Rothshield Insurance TPA Limited
Safeway Insurance TPA Private Limited
United Health Care Parekh Insurance TPA Private Limited-
Vidal Health Insurance TPA Private Limited
Vipul Medcorp Insurance TPA Private Limited
1) Hospital TPA/Insurance HELP DESK IS ONLY A FACILITATOR FOR COMMUNICATION between patient and insurance companies. It does not approve or deny claims and is not responsible for delay in approvals or denials from TPA/Insurance companies
2) Cashless request is considered only if following documents submitted within 12 hrs of hospitalisation as required by insurance companies… Otherwise cash payment will be required.
1. Insurance / TPA Cashless Card
2. corporate / Individual ID proof issued by Govt of India (e.g.PAN, Driving License, AAdhar Card)
3. Cashless request form duly filled by treating consultant and filled & signed by Patient / Next of Kin
4. PAN card if estimated bill expenses are beyond 1 lac
5. Pre Hospitalisation consultantion papers and investigation reports of last 1 month minimum as required by insurance companies.
6. Last 4 yrs insurance policy copy or Policy Numbers for individual policy holders as required by insurance companies
7. Agent Phone no and name for individual policy holders for coordination for policy details by insurance companies
8. HR Name and Phone no for corporate policy holders for coordination for coverage by insurance companies
9. Age Proof for individual policy holders
3) Submission of Cashless request form is not admission of payability under insurance and cashless can be denied by insurance / TPA if treatment is not covered under applicable terms & conditions applicable to your insurance policy
4) In case of denials or partial approvals, patient / relative has to make full balance payment in cash before discharge or planned surgical procedure.
5) Certain expenses are not payable under terms and conditions of insurance policy for which deposit in advance has to be made at time of admission.
6) PPN Packages and terms & conditions are applicable for GIPSA insurance companies viz. The New India Assurance Company, United India Insurance Company, The Oriental Insurance coompany, The National Insurance Company.
7) In case of PPN Packages regular medication and investigations for comorbid ailments are to be done on by making cash payments.
E.g. 1. Person with Diabetes admitted for Angioplasty… Expenses for Blood sugar and medications for Diabetes not covered under PPN package and to be paid in cash in OPD
2. Asthma Patients for dialysis.... Expenses for treatment and investigation of Asthma are paid in OPD
8) Medical fitness and Anesthetia fitness has to be completed before hospitalisation and reports given with preauthorisation form to be given to TPA/Insurance company.
9) You need to fill the claim form and sign it at relevant places before discharge along with the final credit bill.
10) Final bill once prepared is sent to insurance company / TPA for final approval along with medical documentation. The insurance company / TPA can deny earlier approved services during discharge and patient will have to pay the full bill in cash before discharge in such cases.
11) Without final bill approval from TPA/Insurance company , hospital cannot discharge the patient. Hospital has no control on the time which TPA/Insurance companies may take for discharge bill approval. Hospital generally takes one hour post final bill approval from TPA/Insurance companies for billing segregation to credit bill and cash supplementary bill and allow to go generation from software
12) If Patient / Relative does not wish to wait for final approval from TPA/Insurance company, the patient / relative will have to pay the bill in cash and seek reimbursement later.
Jehangir Hospital has also tied up with Healthfin, a Pune-based startup which helps people afford the advised medical or dental treatment and even cosmetic procedures at a hospital of their choice through easy EMI options. This helps us provide financial assistance to our patients in their hours of need. Transparent, easy and economical - Healthfin makes paying for health services as easy as buying any consumer goods. A patient can choose to pay for a procedure by opting right from a 9 month tenure interest free, scheme up to 3 years of low interest rate plans. Healthfin facilitates funding for any type of non-emergency treatment too: Be it a day care surgery, knee replacement procedure or to cover intensive care stay of long period. For more information, reach out to their Help Desk next to the Jehangir Hospital reception.
“Thank you Jehangir Hospital. I can play with my children again.”
- Shilpa Sarangi, May 2017
“Jehangir Hospital is behind my daughter’s speedy recovery.”
- Maahi Brahmantar, Jul 2017
“This is just to say what a fantastic daycare Dr Shona Nag and her team have created at Jehangir Hospital. Everyone was extremely friendly and everything went off so smoothly. The checklist and detailed menus and do\'s and don\'ts answered all our questions before we asked them. Thanks again.”
- Gauri Shah, Dec 2017
“During the last two and a half years, I’ve survived serious illnesses by getting admitted to Jehangir Hospital. In fact, my very life was saved by doctors and the dedicated nursing staff. After having four surgeries, I am indebted to the complete nursing team. Compassion and efficiency were exemplified by most of the nurses. Thank you Col. Nirmala and your stalwart nursing staff.”
- Mahalatchmee Thomas, Sep 2017
“I saw my child only after five days as I was recovering from my delivery. I was very scared but the doctors and nurses at Jehangir Hospital took very good care of my baby. They have been a constant support in the last two weeks.”
- Ashwini Dhobale, Jan 2018
“I was in Jehangir Hospital from 29th Jan to 2nd Feb and my daughter Shai from 12th to 16th Feb. We were well attended to by all the staff and that includes the sisters, brothers and the floor staff. Call bells were immediately responded to at all times and every effort was made to keep us comfortable during our respective stays! Thank you Maya Mahale & Gina Ali Khan for ensuring no let up in the service.”
- C A (Kit) Heredia, Feb 2018