Common types of dental surgeries and treatments
Dental Surgery and Treatments occupy a large sector of the Health Industry in today’s time, especially with growing rate of self conscious people in the world. Pertaining to a myriad of other reasons dental surgery and related treatments have great importance. It signifies a number of medical procedures that require modification of jaw bones and teeth.
Namely the common surgeries include:
- Endodontic – this involves the pulp of the tooth: Root Canal, Pulpotomy, Pulpectomy, and Apicoectomy.
- Prosthodontics – This procedure involves surgeries or treatments regarding the Crown or caps, Veneers (artificial covering), Bridges (used after extraction), Implants (artificial tooth implants) and Dentures (false teeth).
- Orthodontic – This branch specializes in diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental irregularities. Types of treatments involved are Implants and implant support, Apiecotomy (under laying bone structure is removed), Extraction and Fiberotomy.
- Periodontology – This studies the supporting structure of the teeth and issues related to the same. Professional practitioner is called a periodontist in Pune.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Facial reconstruction surgery that treats diseases, injuries in the head and the neck, jaws, face or mouth is Maxillofacial surgery.
In more common terms the types of treatments that are provided by expert dentists are:
- Bridges – replaced for a missing tooth or teeth, it is made by taking impression of the surrounding teeth. Usually created of porcelain or metal it is fixed in the moth by the dentist.
- Crowns – another common type of treatment is the crowing that is the a cap sort of thing placed over the real tooth to cover an opening. The old tooth is drilled to shape so that the crown is properly settled giving no trouble to the patient after he/she walks out of the dentist’s clinic.
- Fillings – These are used to fill up gaps and drilled out wholes that occur due to cavity or infection in the teeth. The unwanted is scrapped out and a filling is made to fill it up.
- Scaling and polish, Braces, Dentures or false teeth, Teeth Whitening, Dental Veneers are some of the other treatments and surgeries taken care of by dentists.
Image Source: http://bit.ly/1wSb4A9
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.